Deck Inspectors Inc.
End User Agreement
This End User Agreement or Website (this “Agreement”)is a binding agreement between you (“you” or “Customer”)and Deck Inspectors Inc. effective as of the effective date of that you agree to its terms(“Effective Date”).
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants, terms and conditions set forth herein, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the parties agree as follows:
1.1 Agreement is Binding
Capitalized terms not defined in the text are defined in these Sections.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the receipt by us of all fees applicable to the use of Services, during the Term, DECK INSPECTORS INC. grants you a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive right and license to access and use the Services and incorporated DECK INSPCTRORS INC. Materials in accordance with the product specifications solely for your internal business purposes. This license is subject to Section 2.9.
2.2 Reservation of Rights.
DECK INSPECTORS INC. Software is licensed, not sold. Nothing in this Agreement grants any right, title, or interest in or to (including any license under) any Intellectual Property Rights in or relating to, the Services, DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials or Third Party Materials, whether expressly, by implication, estoppel or otherwise. All right, title, and interest in and to the Services, the DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials and the Third Party Materials are and will remain with DECK INSPECTORS INC. and the respective rights holders in the Third Party Materials.
2.3 DECK INSPECTORS INC. Operations.
DECK INSPECTORS INC. has and will retain sole control over the operation, provision, maintenance, and management of the Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials, including the: (i) DECK INSPECTORS INC; (ii) location(s) where any of the Services are performed; (iii) selection, deployment, modification and replacement of the Service; and (iv) performance of Service maintenance, upgrades, corrections and repairs; and
2.4 Your Operations.
DECK INSPECTORS INC. has and will retain sole control over the operation, provision, maintenance, and management of the Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials, including the: (i) DECK INSPECTORS INC; (ii) location(s) where any of the Services are performed; (iii) selection, deployment, modification and replacement of the Service; and (iv) performance of Service maintenance, upgrades, corrections and repairs; and
2.5 Service Management
Each party shall, throughout the Term, maintain within its organization a service manager to serve as such party’s primary point of contact for day-to-day communications, consultation and decision-making regarding the Services. Each service manager shall be responsible for providing all day-to-day consents and approvals on behalf of such party under this Agreement. Each party shall ensure its service manager has the requisite organizational authority, skill, experience, and other qualifications to perform in such a capacity. Each party shall use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the same service manager in place throughout the Term. If either party’s service manager ceases to be employed by such party or such party otherwise wishes to replace its service manager, such party shall promptly name a new service manager by written notice to the other party.
Deck Inspectors Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make any changes to the Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials that it deems necessary or useful to: (a) maintain or enhance (i) the quality or delivery of DECK INSPECTORS INC. services to its customers, (ii) the competitive strength of or market for DECK INSPECTORS INC. services or (iii) the Services’ cost efficiency or performance; or (b) to comply with applicable law.
2.7 Suspension or Termination of Services
DECK INSPECTORS INC. may, directly or indirectly, and by use of any lawful means, suspend, terminate or otherwise deny You access to or use of all or any part of the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials, without incurring any resulting obligation or liability, if: (a) DECK INSPECTORS receives a judicial or other governmental demand or order, subpoena or law enforcement request that expressly or by reasonable implication requires DECK INSPECTORS INC to do so; or (b) DECK INSPECTORS believes, in its good faith and reasonable discretion, that: (i) Customer or any Authorized User has failed to comply with, any material term of this Agreement (including payment), or accessed or used the Services beyond the scope of the rights granted or for a purpose not authorized under this Agreement or in any manner that does not comply with any material instruction or requirement of the Specifications; (ii) You or any Authorized User is, has been, or is likely to be involved in any fraudulent, misleading or unlawful activities; or (iii) this Agreement expires or is terminated. This Section 2.6 does not limit any of DECK INSPECTORS INC. other rights or remedies, whether at law, in equity or under this Agreement.
2.8 Authorization Limitations and Restrictions
You will not, and will not permit any other Person to, access or use the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC Materials except as expressly permitted by this Agreement and, in the case of Third-Party Materials, the applicable third-party license agreement. For purposes of clarity and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, You will not, except as this Agreement expressly permits:
- Copy, modify or create derivative works or improvements of the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials;
- Rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer or otherwise make available any Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials to any person, including on or in connection with the internet or any time-sharing, service bureau, software as a service, cloud or other technology or service;
- Reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, adapt or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials, in whole or in part;
- Bypass or breach any security device or protection used by the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials or access or use the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials other than by an Authorized User through the use of his or her own then valid Access Credentials;
- Input, upload, transmit or otherwise provide to or through the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. systems, any information or materials that are unlawful or injurious, or contain, transmit or activate any Harmful Code;
- Damage, destroy, disrupt, disable, impair, interfere with or otherwise impede or harm in any manner the Services, DECK INSPECTORS INC. Systems or DECK INSPECTORS INC. provision of services to any third party, in whole or in part;
- Remove, delete, alter or obscure any trademarks, Specifications, Documentation, terms of service, warranties or disclaimers, or any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from any Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials, including any copy thereof;
- Access or use the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials in any manner or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any Intellectual Property Right or other rights of any third party (including by any unauthorized access to, misappropriation, use, alteration, destruction or disclosure of the data of any other DECK INSPECTORS INC. customer), or that violates any applicable Law;
- Access or use the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials for purposes of competitive analysis of the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials, the development, provision, or use of a competing software service or product or any other purpose that is to the DECK INSPECTORS INC. detriment or commercial disadvantage; or
- Otherwise access or use the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials beyond the scope of the authorization granted under Section 2.1.
2.9 You Obligations.
- Customer Systems and Cooperation.
You will at all times during the Term: (a) set up, maintain and operate in good repair and in accordance with the Specifications all Customer Systems on or through which the Services are accessed or used, and (b) provide reasonable cooperation and assistance as DECK INSPECTORS INC. may reasonably request to enable DECK INSPECTORS INC. to exercise its rights and perform its obligations under and in connection with this Agreement.
- Effect of Customer Failure or Delay.
DECK INSPECTORS INC. is not responsible or liable for any delay or failure of performance caused in whole or in part by Customer’s delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this Agreement (each, a “Customer Failure”).
- Corrective Action and Notice.
If Customer becomes aware of any actual or threatened activity prohibited by Section 2.10, Customer shall, and shall cause its Authorized Users to, immediately: (a) take all reasonable and lawful measures within their respective control that are necessary to stop the activity or threatened activity and to mitigate its effects (including, where applicable, by discontinuing and preventing any unauthorized access to the Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials and permanently erasing from their systems and destroying any data to which any of them have gained unauthorized access), and (b) notify DECK INSPECTORS INC. of any such actual or threatened activity.
- Data and Security.
3.1 Data Backup
The Services do not replace the need for You to maintain regular data backups or redundant data archives. DECK INSPECTORS INC. HAS NO OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, ALTERATION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, CORRUPTION OR RECOVERY OF YOUR DATA.
3.2 DECK INSPECTORS INC. Systems and Security Obligations.
DECK INSPECTORS INC. will employ security measures in accordance with applicable industry practice for similarly situated companies and data (“Privacy and Security Policy”).
3.3 Prohibited Data.
Customer acknowledges that the Services are not designed with security and access management for processing the following categories of information: (a) Personal Information; (b) data that is classified and or used on the U.S. Munitions List, including software and technical data; (c) articles, services and related technical data designated as defense articles or defense services; and (d) ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) related data, (each of the foregoing, “Prohibited Data”). Customer shall not, and shall not permit any Authorized User or other Person to, provide any Prohibited Data to, or Process any Prohibited Data through, the Services, the DECK INSPECTORS INC. Systems or any DECK INSPECTORS INC. Personnel. Customer is solely responsible for reviewing all Customer Data and shall ensure that no Customer Data constitutes or contains any Prohibited Data.
3.4 Customer Control and Responsibility.
The customer has and will retain sole responsibility for (a) all Customer Data, including its content and use; (b) all information, instructions, and materials provided by or on behalf of Customer or any Authorized User in connection with the Services; (c) Customer’s information technology infrastructure, including computers, software, databases, electronic systems (including database management systems) and networks, whether operated directly by Customer or through the use of third-party services (“Customer Systems”); (d) the security and use of Customer’s and its Authorized Users’ Access Credentials; and (e) all access to and use of the Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials directly or indirectly by or through the Customer Systems or its or its Authorized Users’ Access Credentials, with or without Customer’s knowledge or consent, including all results obtained from, and all conclusions, decisions, and actions based on, such access or use.
3.5 Access and Security
Customer shall employ all physical, administrative, and technical controls, screening and security procedures, and other safeguards necessary to (a) securely administer the distribution and use of all Access Credentials and protect against any unauthorized access to or use of the Services; and (b) control the content and use of Customer Data, including the uploading or other provision of Customer Data for Processing by the Hosted Services.
- Fees; Payment Terms.
Customer shall pay DECK INSPECTORS INC. the fees as set forth in the purchase order, MSA, and any applicable SOW (“Fees”).
4.2 No Deductions or Setoffs.
All amounts payable to DECK INSPECTORS INC. under this Agreement shall be paid by Customer to DECK INSPECTORS INC. in full without any setoff, recoupment, counterclaim, deduction, debit or withholding for any reason unless done in good faith and with at least 10 days prior written notice of intent to setoff before payment is due.
4.3 Ongoing Payment Requirement.
The continued right to use the Services requires receipt of payment with respect to such use. If payment requirements are not met we have no obligation to allow you access to or use of the Services or provide any ancillary services or support.
- Intellectual Property Rights.
5.1 Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials.
All right, title, and interest in and to the Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials, including all Intellectual Property Rights therein, are and will remain with DECK INSPECTORS INC. and the respective rights holders in the Third-Party Materials. The customer has no right, license, or authorization with respect to any of the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials (including Third-Party Materials) except as expressly set forth in Section 2.1. All other rights in and to the Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials (including Third-Party Materials) are expressly reserved by DECK INSPECTORS INC. and the respective third-party licensors. In furtherance of the foregoing, Customer hereby unconditionally and irrevocably grants to Provider an assignment of all right, title, and interest in and to the Resultant Data, including all Intellectual Property Rights relating thereto.
5.2 Customer Data.
As between Customer and DECK INSPECTORS INC., Customer is and will remain the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title, and interest in and to all Customer Data, including all Intellectual Property Rights relating thereto, subject to the rights and permissions granted in Section 5.1.
5.3 License to Customer Data.
Customer hereby grants all such rights and permissions in or relating to Customer Data: (a) to DECK INSPECTORS INC., its subcontractors, and the DECK INSPECTORS INC. Personnel as are necessary or useful to perform the Services; and (b) to DECK INSPECTORS INC. as are necessary or useful to enforce this Agreement and exercise its rights and perform its hereunder.
5.4 Use of Feedback.
If you provide us with reports, comments, suggestions, ideas, or other feedback regarding the Products or our business, whether written or oral (collectively “Feedback”), either directly or through any third party, you do so without any expectation of compensation. You hereby grant us a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free right and license to use the Feedback to improve the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials and for any other purpose, including in all media now known and later developed. Feedback is strictly voluntary and we are not required to hold it in confidence.
6.1 Confidentiality Obligations.
Customer and DECK INSPECTORS INC. shall comply with all confidentiality provisions in the MSA or SOW.
- Term and Termination.
7.1 Initial Term.
The initial term of this Agreement commences as of the Effective Date and unless terminated earlier pursuant any of the Agreement’s express provisions, will continue in effect until one (1) year from such date or as otherwise set forth in the Master Services Agreement, SOW or purchase order (the “Initial Term”).
This Agreement will automatically renew unless earlier terminated pursuant to this Agreement’s express provisions or either party gives the other party written notice of non-renewal at least sixty (60) days prior to the expiration of the then-current term (each a “Renewal Term” and, collectively, together with the Initial Term, the “Term”). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, this Agreement shall automatically terminate upon expiration or termination of the MSA.
In addition to any other express termination right set forth elsewhere in this Agreement:
- DECK INSPECTORS INC. may terminate this Agreement, effective on written notice to Customer if Customer: (i) fails to pay any amount when due hereunder, and such failure continues more than thirty (30) days after DECK INSPECTORS INC. delivery of written notice thereof; or (ii) breaches any of its obligations under this Agreement, including use limitation and restrictions (including Section 2.8), use of Prohibited Data and violation of confidentiality obligations.
- Either party may terminate this Agreement, effective on written notice to the other party if the other party materially breaches this Agreement, and such breach: (i) is incapable of cure; or (ii) being capable of cure, remains uncured thirty (30) days after the non-breaching party provides the breaching party with written notice of such breach.
- Either party may terminate this Agreement, effective immediately upon written notice to the other party, if the other party: (i) becomes insolvent or is generally unable to pay, or fails to pay, its debts as they become due; (ii) files or has filed against it, a petition for voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy or otherwise becomes subject, voluntarily or involuntarily, to any proceeding under any domestic or foreign bankruptcy or insolvency law; (iii) makes or seeks to make a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors; (iv) applies for or has appointed a receiver, trustee, custodian or similar agent appointed by order of any court of competent jurisdiction to take charge of or sell any material portion of its property or business; or (v) in the case of Customer, if DECK INSPECTORS INC. ceases to provide Customer the ability to use a material portion of the Services.
7.4 Effect of Expiration or Termination.
Upon any expiration or termination of this Agreement, except as expressly otherwise provided in this Agreement:
- all rights, licenses, consents, and authorizations granted by either party to the other hereunder will immediately terminate;
- DECK INSPECTORS INC. shall immediately cease all use of any Customer Data or Customer’s Confidential Information and (i) promptly return to Customer, or at Customer’s written request destroy, all documents and tangible materials containing, reflecting, incorporating or based on Customer Data or Customer’s Confidential Information; and (ii) permanently erase all Customer Data and Customer’s Confidential Information from all systems DECK INSPECTORS INC. directly or indirectly controls, provided that, for clarity, DECK INSPECTORS INC. obligations under this do not apply to any Resultant Data;
- Customer shall immediately cease all use of any Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials and permanently erase all DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Confidential Information from all systems Customer directly or indirectly controls.
- notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, with respect to information and materials then in its possession or control DECK INSPECTORS, INC. may retain Customer Data in its backups, archives, and disaster recovery systems until such Customer Data is deleted in the ordinary course, which will remain subject to all confidentiality, security and other applicable requirements of this Agreement;
- DECK INSPECTORS INC. may disable all Customer and Authorized User access to the Hosted Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials;
- if Customer terminates this Agreement pursuant to Section 7.3(b), Customer will be relieved of any obligation to pay any Fees attributable to the period after the effective date of such termination;
- if DECK INSPECTORS INC. terminates this Agreement pursuant to Section 7.3(a) or Section 7.3(b), all Fees that would have become payable had the Agreement remained in effect until the expiration of the Term will become immediately due and payable, and Customer shall pay such Fees, together with all previously-accrued but not yet paid Fees, on receipt of DECK INSPECTORS INC. invoice therefor; and
- if Customer requests in writing at least thirty (30) days prior to the effective date of expiration or termination, subject to Section 7.4(d), if data is available, DECK INSPECTORS INC. will, within thirty (30) days following such expiration or termination, deliver to Customer the then most recent version of Customer Data maintained by DECK INSPECTORS INC., provided that Customer has at that time paid all Fees then outstanding and any amounts payable after or as a result of such expiration or termination, including any expenses and fees, on a time and materials basis, for DECK INSPECTORS INC. services in transferring such Customer Data.
7.5 Surviving Terms.
The provisions set forth in the following sections, and any other right or obligation of the parties in this Agreement that, by its nature, should survive termination or expiration of this Agreement, will survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement: Section 6, Section 7.4, this Section 7.5, Section 9, Section 10 and Section 12.
- Representations and Warranties.
8.1 Mutual Representations and Warranties.
Each party represents and warrants to the other party that:
- It is duly organized, validly existing, and in good standing as a corporation or other entity under the Laws of the jurisdiction of its incorporation or other organization;
- it has the full right, power, and authority to enter into and perform its obligations and grant the rights, licenses, consents, and authorizations it grants or is required to grant under this Agreement;
- the execution of this Agreement by its representative has been duly authorized by all necessary corporate or organizational action of such party; and
- when executed and delivered by both parties, this Agreement will constitute the legal, valid, and binding obligation of such party, enforceable against such party in accordance with its terms.
8.2 Additional DECK INSPECTORS INC. Representations, Warranties and Covenants.
DECK INSPECTORS INC. represents and warrants that to its knowledge the use of Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials by Customer do not infringe on the intellectual property rights of a third party. DECK INSPECTORS INC. further represents and warrants that the Services do not contain any known Harmful Code.
8.3 Additional Customer Representations, Warranties and Covenants.
Customer represents, warrants and covenants to DECK INSPECTORS INC. that Customer owns or otherwise has and will have the necessary rights and consents in and relating to the Customer Data so that, as received by DECK INSPECTORS INC. and Processed in accordance with this Agreement, they do not and will not infringe, misappropriate or otherwise violate any Intellectual Property Rights, or any privacy or other rights of any third party or violate any applicable Law.
8.4 Disclaimer of Warranties.
EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN SECTION 8.1, SECTION 8.2, AND SECTION 8.3, ALL SERVICES AND DECK INSPECTORS INC. MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND DECK INSPECTORS INC. HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHER, AND DECK INSPECTORS INC. SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, DECK INSPECTORS INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND THAT THE SERVICES OR DECK INSPECTORS INC. MATERIALS OR ANY PRODUCTS OR RESULTS OF THE USE THEREOF WILL MEET CUSTOMER’S OR ANY OTHER PERSON’S REQUIREMENTS, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULT, BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR OTHER SERVICES, OR BE SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, FREE OF UNKNOWN HARMFUL CODE OR ERROR FREE. ALL THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF OR CONCERNING ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS IS STRICTLY BETWEEN THE CUSTOMER AND THE THIRD-PARTY OWNER OR DISTRIBUTOR OF THE THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS.
9.1 DECK INSPECTORS INC. Indemnification.
DECK INSPECTORS INC. shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Customer from and against any and all Losses incurred by the Customer arising out of or relating to any claim, suit, action or proceeding (each, an “Action”) by a third party (other than an Affiliate of Customer to the extent that such Losses arise from any allegation in such Action that Customer’s use of the Services (excluding Customer Data and Third Party Materials) in compliance with this Agreement (including the Specifications) infringes a U.S. Intellectual Property Right. The foregoing obligation does not apply to any Action or Losses arising out of or relating to any:
- access to or use of the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials in combination with any hardware, system, software, network or other materials or service not provided or authorized in writing by DECK INSPECTORS INC.
- modification of the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials other than: (i) by or on behalf of DECK INSPECTORS INC.; or (ii) with DECK INSPECTORS INC. written approval in accordance with DECK INSPECTORS INC. written specification;
- failure to timely implement any modifications, upgrades, replacements, or enhancements made available to Customer by or on behalf of DECK INSPECTORS INC.; or
- act, omission or other matter described in Section 9.2(a), Section 9.2(b), Section 9.2(c) or Section 9.2(d), whether or not the same results in any Action against or Losses by any DECK INSPECTORS INC. Indemnitee.
9.2 Customer Indemnification.
Customer shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless DECK INSPECTORS INC. and its subcontractors and affiliates, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns (each, a “ DECK INSPECTORS INC. Indemnitee”) from and against any and all Losses incurred by such DECK INSPECTORS INC. Indemnitee in connection with any Action by a third party (other than an Affiliate of a DECK INSPECTORS INC. Indemnitee) that arise out of or relate to any:
- Customer Data, including any Processing of Customer Data by or on behalf of DECK INSPECTORS INC. in accordance with this Agreement;
- any other materials or information (including any documents, data, specifications, software, content or technology) provided by or on behalf of Customer or any Authorized User, including DECK INSPECTORS INC. compliance with any specifications or directions provided by or on behalf of Customer or any Authorized User to the extent prepared without any contribution by DECK INSPECTORS INC. ;
- allegation of facts that, if true, would constitute Customer’s breach of any of its representations, warranties, covenants or obligations under this Agreement; or
- negligence or more culpable act or omission (including recklessness or willful misconduct) by Customer, any Authorized User, or any third party on behalf of Customer or any Authorized User, in connection with this Agreement.
9.3 Indemnification Procedure.
Each party shall promptly notify the other party in writing of any Action for which such party believes it is entitled to be indemnified pursuant to Section 9.1 or Section 9.2, as the case may be. The party seeking indemnification (the “Indemnitee”) shall cooperate with the other party (the “Indemnitor”) at the Indemnitor’s sole cost and expense. The Indemnitor shall immediately take control of the defense and investigation of such Action and shall employ counsel reasonably acceptable to the Indemnitee to handle and defend the same, at the Indemnitor’s sole cost and expense. The Indemnitee’s failure to perform any obligations under this Section 9.3 will not relieve the Indemnitor of its obligations under this Section 9 except to the extent that the Indemnitor can demonstrate that it has been materially prejudiced as a result of such failure. The Indemnitee may participate in and observe the proceedings at its own cost and expense with counsel of its own choosing.
If any of the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials are, or in DECK INSPECTORS INC. opinion are likely to be, claimed to infringe, misappropriate or otherwise violate any third-party Intellectual Property Right, or if Customer’s or any Authorized User’s use of the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials is enjoined or threatened to be enjoined, DECK INSPECTORS INC. may, at its option and sole cost and expense:
- obtain the right for Customer to continue to use the Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials materially as contemplated by this Agreement;
- modify or replace the Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials, in whole or in part, to seek to make the Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials (as so modified or replaced) non-infringing, while providing materially equivalent features and functionality, in which case such modifications or replacements will constitute Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials, as applicable, under this Agreement; or
- by written notice to Customer, terminate this Agreement with respect to all or part of the Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials, and require Customer to immediately cease any use of the Services and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials or any specified part or feature thereof, provided that, subject to Customer’s compliance with its post-termination obligations set forth in Section 7.4, Customer will be entitled to terminate this Agreement pursuant to Section 7.3(c) hereof.
THIS SECTION 9 SETS FORTH CUSTOMER’S SOLE REMEDIES AND DECK INSPECTORS INC. SOLE LIABILITY AND OBLIGATION FOR ANY ACTUAL, THREATENED OR ALLEGED CLAIMS THAT THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF (INCLUDING THE SERVICES AND DECK INSPECTORS INC. MATERIALS) INFRINGES, MISAPPROPRIATES OR OTHERWISE VIOLATES ANY THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT.
- Limitations of Liability.
10.1 EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN SECTION 14.3, IN NO EVENT WILL DECK INSPECTORS INCOR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS, SERVICE DECK INSPECTORS INC. OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR ITS SUBJECT MATTER UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY AND OTHERWISE, FOR ANY: (a) LOSS OF PRODUCTION, USE, BUSINESS, REVENUE OR PROFIT OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE; (b) IMPAIRMENT, INABILITY TO USE OR LOSS, INTERRUPTION OR DELAY OF THE SERVICES, OTHER THAN FOR THE ISSUANCE OF ANY APPLICABLE SERVICE CREDITS PURSUANT TO SECTION 5.2, (c) LOSS, DAMAGE, CORRUPTION OR RECOVERY OF DATA, OR BREACH OF DATA OR SYSTEM SECURITY, OR (d) CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, ENHANCED OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH PERSONS WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES OR SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES WERE OTHERWISE FORESEEABLE, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
10.2 CAP ON MONETARY LIABILITY.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN SECTION 14.3, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF DECK INSPECTORS INC. AND ITS LICENSORS, SERVICE DECK INSPECTORS INC. AND SUPPLIERS UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR ITS SUBJECT MATTER, UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY AND OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY CUSTOMER TO SUPPLIER IN THE ONE YEAR PERIOD PRECEDING THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION APPLIES NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
The exclusions and limitations in Section 14.1 and Section 14.2 do not apply to DECK INSPECTORS INC. obligations under Section 13 (Indemnification) or liability for DECK INSPECTORS INC. gross negligence or willful misconduct.
- Force Majeure.
11.1 No Breach or Default.
In no event will DECK INSPECTORS INC. be liable or responsible to Customer, or be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement, when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond DECK INSPECTORS INC. reasonable control (a “Force Majeure Event”), including acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake or explosion, war, terrorism, invasion, riot or other civil unrest, embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement, national or regional emergency, strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances, passage of Law or any action taken by a governmental or public authority, including imposing an embargo, export or import restriction, quota or other restriction or prohibition or any complete or partial government shutdown, or national or regional shortage of adequate power or telecommunications or transportation. Customer may terminate this Agreement if a Force Majeure Event affecting DECK INSPECTORS INC. continues substantially uninterrupted for a period of thirty (30) days or more.
11.2 Affected Party Obligations.
In the event of any failure or delay caused by a Force Majeure Event, DECK INSPECTORS INC. shall give prompt written notice to Customer stating the period of time the occurrence is expected to continue and use commercially reasonable efforts to end the failure or delay and minimize the effects of such Force Majeure Event.
12.1 Further Assurances.
Upon a party’s reasonable request, the other party shall, at the requesting party’s sole cost and expense, execute and deliver all such documents and instruments, and take all such further actions, necessary to give full effect to this Agreement.
12.2 Relationship of the Parties.
The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
Except as otherwise expressly set forth in this Agreement, all notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications under this Agreement have binding legal effect only if in writing and addressed to a party as set forth in the MSA, purchase order or SOW.
For purposes of this Agreement: (a) the words “include,” “includes” and “including” are deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation”; (b) the word “or” is not exclusive; (c) words denoting the singular have a comparable meaning when used in the plural, and vice-versa; and (d) words denoting any gender include all genders. Unless the context otherwise requires, references in this Agreement: (x) to sections, exhibits, schedules, attachments and appendices mean the sections of, and exhibits, schedules, attachments and appendices attached to, this Agreement; (y) to an agreement, instrument or other document means such agreement, instrument or other document as amended, supplemented and modified from time to time to the extent permitted by the provisions thereof; and (z) to a statute means such statute as amended from time to time and includes any successor legislation thereto and any regulations promulgated thereunder. The parties intend this Agreement to be construed without regard to any presumption or rule requiring construction or interpretation against the party drafting an instrument or causing any instrument to be drafted. The exhibits, schedules, attachments and appendices referred to herein are an integral part of this Agreement to the same extent as if they were set forth verbatim herein.
The headings in this Agreement are for reference only and do not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
12.6 Entire Agreement.
This Agreement, together with the MSA, SOW or purchase order and any other documents incorporated herein by reference, constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. In the event of any inconsistency between the statements made in the body of this Agreement, any related exhibits, schedules, attachments and appendices (other than an exception expressly set forth as such therein) and any other documents incorporated herein by reference, the following order of precedence governs: (a) first, the applicable purchase order or MSA, including its SOWs, (b) second, this Agreement, and (c) third, any other documents incorporated herein by reference.
Customer shall not assign or otherwise transfer any of its rights, or delegate or otherwise transfer any of its obligations or performance, under this Agreement, in each case whether voluntarily, involuntarily, by operation of law or otherwise, without DECK INSPECTORS INC. prior written consent. For purposes of the preceding sentence, and without limiting its generality, any merger, consolidation or reorganization involving Customer (regardless of whether Customer is a surviving or disappearing entity) will be deemed to be a transfer of rights, obligations or performance under this Agreement for which DECK INSPECTORS INC. prior written consent is required. Customer acknowledges and agrees that any transfer of rights may result in an increase in Fees. No delegation or other transfer will relieve Customer of any of its obligations or performance under this Agreement. Any purported assignment, delegation or transfer in violation of this Section is void. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
12.8 No Third-party Beneficiaries.
This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective permitted successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other Person any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
12.9 Amendment and Modification; Waiver.
DECK INSPECTORS INC. reserves the right to modify or amend this Agreement from time-to-time, with 30 days written notice. Any modifications or amendments shall take immediate effect upon notification to Customer, and Customer’s continued use of the Services after such notification will mean that Customer agrees to the changes. If Customer objects to any such changes, Customer’s sole recourse will be to cease using the Services and terminate this Agreement. With the exception of the foregoing, no amendment to or modification of or rescission, termination or discharge of this Agreement is effective unless it is in writing, identified as an amendment to or rescission, termination or discharge of this Agreement and signed by an authorized representative of each party. No waiver by any party of any of the provisions hereof shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any rights, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof; nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
If any provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. Upon such determination that any term or other provision is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the parties hereto shall negotiate in good faith to modify this Agreement so as to effect the original intent of the parties as closely as possible in a mutually acceptable manner in order that the transactions contemplated hereby be consummated as originally contemplated to the greatest extent possible.
12.11 Governing Law; Submission to Jurisdiction.
This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without giving effect to any of its choice or conflict of law provision or rules. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the licenses granted hereunder shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States located in, or the courts of, the Commonwealth of Virginia in each case located in the Eastern District of Virginia and Fairfax County and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding. Service of process, summons, notice or other document by mail to such party’s address set forth herein shall be effective service of process for any suit, action or other proceeding brought in any such court.
12.12 Equitable Relief.
Each party acknowledges and agrees that a breach or threatened breach by such party of any of its obligations under Section 6 or, in the case of Customer, Section 2.1, Section 2.7 or Section 3.3, would cause the other party irreparable harm for which monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy and agrees that, in the event of such breach or threatened breach, the other party will be entitled to equitable relief, including a restraining order, an injunction, specific performance and any other relief that may be available from any court, without any requirement to post a bond or other security, or to prove actual damages or that monetary damages are not an adequate remedy. Such remedies are not exclusive and are in addition to all other remedies that may be available at law, in equity or otherwise.
12.13 Attorneys’ Fees.
In the event that any action, suit, or other legal or administrative proceeding is instituted or commenced by DECK INSPECTORS INC. against Customer arising out of this Agreement, DECK INSPECTORS INC., if it is the prevailing party, shall be entitled to recover its actual attorneys’ fees and court costs from Customer.
In the event that any action, suit, or other legal or administrative proceeding is instituted or commenced by DECK INSPECTORS INC. against Customer arising out of this Agreement, DECK INSPECTORS INC. if it is the prevailing party, shall be entitled to recover its actual attorneys’ fees and court costs from Customer.
“Action” has the meaning set forth in Section 9.1.
“Authorized User” means each of the individuals authorized to use the Services pursuant to Section 2.1 and the other terms and conditions of this Agreement.
“DECK INSPECTORS INC. Disabling Device” means any software, hardware or other technology, device or means (including any back door, time bomb, time out, drop dead device, software routine or other disabling devices) used by DECK INSPECTORS INC. or its designee to disable Customer’s or any Authorized User’s access to or use of the Services automatically with the passage of time or under the positive control of DECK INSPECTORS INC. or its designee.
“ DECK INSPECTORS INC. Indemnitee” has the meaning set forth in Section 9.2.
“ DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials” means the Service Software, Specifications, Documentation and DECK INSPECTORS INC. Systems and any and all other information, data, documents, materials, works and other content, devices, methods, processes, hardware, software and other technologies and inventions, including any deliverables, technical or functional descriptions, requirements, plans or reports, that are provided or used by DECK INSPECTORS INC. or any subcontractor in connection with the Services or otherwise comprise or relate to the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Systems. For the avoidance of doubt, DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials include Resultant Data and any information, data or other content derived from DECK INSPECTORS INC. monitoring of Customer’s access to or use of the Services, but do not include Customer Data or any deliverables.
“ DECK INSPECTORS INC. Personnel” means all individuals involved in the performance of Services as employees, agents or independent contractors of DECK INSPECTORS INC. or any subcontractor.
“ DECK INSPECTORS INC. Systems” means the information technology infrastructure used by or on behalf of DECK INSPECTORS INC. in performing the Services, including all computers, software, hardware, databases, electronic systems (including database management systems) and networks, whether operated directly by DECK INSPECTORS INC. or through the use of third-party services.
“Customer Failure” has the meaning set forth in Section 2.9(b).
“Customer Systems” has the meaning set forth in Section 3.4.
“Documentation” means any manuals, instructions or other documents or materials that the DECK INSPECTORS INC. provides or makes available to Customer in any form or medium and which describe the functionality, components, features or requirements of the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Materials, including any aspect of the installation, configuration, integration, operation, use, support or maintenance thereof.
“Fees” has the meaning set forth in Section 4.1.
“Force Majeure Event” has the meaning set forth in Section 11.1.
“Harmful Code” means any software, hardware or other technology, device or means, including any virus, worm, malware or other malicious computer code, the purpose or effect of which is to (a) permit unauthorized access to, or to destroy, disrupt, disable, distort, or otherwise harm or impede in any manner any (i) computer, software, firmware, hardware, system or network or (ii) any application or function of any of the foregoing or the security, integrity, confidentiality or use of any data Processed thereby, or (b) prevent Customer or any Authorized User from accessing or using the Services or DECK INSPECTORS INC. Systems as intended by this Agreement. Harmful Code does not include any DECK INSPECTORS INC. Disabling Device.
“Hosted Services” means hosting, managing, operating and maintaining the Service Software for remote electronic access and use by Customer and its Authorized Users.
“Indemnitee” has the meaning set forth in Section 9.3.
“Indemnitor” has the meaning set forth in Section 9.3.
“Initial Term” has the meaning set forth in Section 7.1.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all registered and unregistered rights granted, applied for or otherwise now or hereafter in existence under or related to any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, database protection or other intellectual property rights laws, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection, in any part of the world.
“Law” means any statute, law, ordinance, regulation, rule, code, order, constitution, treaty, common law, judgment, decree or other requirement of any federal, state, local or foreign government or political subdivision thereof, or any arbitrator, court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction.
“Losses” means any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and the costs of enforcing any right to indemnification hereunder and the cost of pursuing any insurance DECK INSPECTORS INC..
“MSA” shall mean the Master Service Agreement executed by Customer and DECK INSPECTORS INC., including any “Statements of Work” (“SOWs”) executed thereunder.
“Person” means an individual, corporation, partnership, joint venture, limited liability entity, governmental authority, unincorporated organization, trust, association or other entity.
“Personal Information” means any information that does or can identify a specific individual or by or from which a specific individual may be identified, contacted or located. Personal Information includes all “nonpublic personal information” as defined under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, “protected health information” as defined under the Health and Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, “Personal Data” as defined in the EU Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EEC), “Personal Information” as defined under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, and all rules and regulations issued under any of the foregoing.
“Privacy and Security Policy” has the meaning set forth in Section 3.2.
“Process” means to take any action or perform any operation or set of operations that the SaaS Services are capable of taking or performing on any data, information or other content, including to collect, receive, input, upload, download, record, reproduce, store, organize, compile, combine, log, catalog, cross-reference, manage, maintain, copy, adapt, alter, translate or make other derivative works or improvements, process, retrieve, output, consult, use, perform, display, disseminate, transmit, submit, post, transfer, disclose or otherwise provide or make available, or block, erase or destroy. “Processing” and “Processed” have correlative meanings.
“Renewal Term” has the meaning set forth in Section 7.2.
“Resultant Data” means information, data and other content that is derived by or through the Services from Processing Customer Data and is sufficiently different from such Customer Data that such Customer Data cannot be reverse engineered or otherwise identified from the inspection, analysis or further Processing of such information, data or content. “Service Software” means the DECK INSPECTORS INC. software application or applications, currently known as DECK INSPECTORS INC., and any third-party or other software, and all new versions, updates, revisions, improvements and modifications of the foregoing, including that DECK INSPECTORS INC. provides remote access to and use of as part of the Services.
“Services” has the meaning set forth in Section 2.1.
“Site” means the website www.deckinspectors.com.
“Specifications” means the specifications for the Services set forth on the Site, in MSA, PO, SOW and to the extent consistent with and not limiting of the foregoing, the Documentation.
“Term” has the meaning set forth in Section 7.2.
“Territory” means worldwide.
“Third Party Materials” means materials and information, in any form or medium, including any open-source or other software, documents, data, content, specifications, products, equipment or components of or relating to the Services that are not proprietary to DECK INSPECTORS INC. .